Celebrating my graduation by… going to a university?

In which I go out again and take more pretty pictures (with cooler weather and less mountains this time).

It was the last day of my Shenzhen vacation but my flight wasn’t until 5:45pm, so Elena and I had plenty of time to go adventuring yet again before I had to leave.  The manager of our hostel had mentioned to me that nearby Shenzhen University had a beautiful campus so we headed there.  We were in luck because the weather was actually cool and overcast and stayed that way the entire day.

After a little confusion about how to enter the main campus (at the top of a small cliff from where we exited the subway), we found our way in and headed for a lake on the map.  The campus was indeed nice.

What are these four-legged creatures grazing on the golf course? My guess is that they work here.

We found the lake! Elena's pretending she's in Miami.

We found the lake! Elena’s pretending she’s in Miami.

IMG_20160829_112137_HDR

So many flowers in bloom!

So many flowers in bloom!

Lake selfie

Lake selfie

IMG_20160829_113827_HDR

We also found a wetland garden. I finally got a decent picture of a lotus blossom!

IMG_20160829_114530_HDR

I also located the international student dorm. Much nicer facilities than the domestic kind and McDonald's delivery outside. Typical.

I also located the international student dorm. Much nicer facilities than the domestic kind and McDonald’s delivery outside. Typical.

After a convenience store snack, we looked back at the map and noticed a large park not far away.  Since we still had time and the weather was lovely we headed there next.

The park turned out to be a botanical gardens with different sections. This place was particularly nice to walk through.

Happy grass

Smiling grass

IMG_20160829_124621_HDR

Pretty great way to spend my last few hours in Shenzhen and get some exercise before sitting in an airport, on a plane, in a taxi, in my bed in Hangzhou (for the last time), and then all day on a train the next day.  There wasn’t anything particularly special about the parks we visited, only that they were nearby.  China is full of beautiful green spaces.

My classmates at UNC Asheville just started their Fall semester (my first semester not joining them since I graduated).  Do I miss it?  Eh, not yet anyway.